CPU move

From: Carlos Henrique Reimer <carlos(dot)reimer(at)opendb(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: CPU move
Date: 2011-11-26 18:18:56
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

We're planning to move our postgreSQL database from one CPU box to another
box.

I'm considering an alternative procedure for the move as the standard one
(pg_dump from the old, copy dump to the new box, psql to restore in the
new) will take about 10 hours to complete. The ideia is installing the same
Linux and PostgreSQL versions in the new box and copy the entire database
cluster directory from the old to the new one using the scp Linux command.

Checked the locale files and they were not customized and are the same in
the same box.

Which risks am I exposed in this approach?

Thank you!

--
Reimer
47-3347-1724 47-9183-0547 msn: carlos(dot)reimer(at)opendb(dot)com(dot)br