Re: Partition insert trigger using C language

From: Matheus de Oliveira <matioli(dot)matheus(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ali Pouya <alipouya2(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>, pgsql-performance <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Charles Gomes <charlesrg(at)outlook(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Partition insert trigger using C language
Date: 2013-02-13 11:00:08
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 1:24 PM, Ali Pouya <alipouya2(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi Matheus,
> I try to use your partition_insert_trigger_spi.c code for testing SPI
> partitionning.
> But at execution time the *trigdata->tg_trigger->tgargs* pointer is null.
> Do you know why ?
> Thanks a lot
> Best Reagrds
> Ali Pouya

Hi Ali,

That is probably because you did not passed a parameter when defined the
trigger. You can follow the model at [1]. When creating the trigger, you
have to use a string parameter with the name of the field with the date
value used for the partition.

Let me know if you find any other problem.

[1]
https://github.com/matheusoliveira/pg_partitioning_tests/blob/master/test/spi/schema.sql

Regards,
--