Re: Unit tests for SLRU

From: Aleksander Alekseev <aleksander(at)timescale(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Pavel Borisov <pashkin(dot)elfe(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Maxim Orlov <orlovmg(at)gmail(dot)com>, Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Subject: Re: Unit tests for SLRU
Date: 2022-11-15 10:15:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Michael,

> I have reworked that as per the attached, that provides basically the
> same coverage, going through a SQL interface for the whole thing.
> Like all the other tests of its kind, this does not use a TAP test,
> relying on a custom configuration file instead. This still needs some
> polishing, but the basics are here.

Many thanks for the updated patch. I didn't know one can run tests
with a custom postgresql.conf without using TAP tests.

> What do you think?

It looks much better than before. I replaced strcpy() with strncpy()
and pgindent'ed the code. Other than that to me it looks ready to be
committed.

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev

Attachment Content-Type Size
v7-0001-Add-unit-tests-for-SLRU.patch application/octet-stream 17.5 KB