Re: SLRUs in the main buffer pool, redux

From: Aleksander Alekseev <aleksander(at)timescale(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>, Shawn Debnath <clocksweep(at)gmail(dot)com>, Yura Sokolov <y(dot)sokolov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: SLRUs in the main buffer pool, redux
Date: 2023-09-04 16:02:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

> > Unfortunately the patchset rotted quite a bit since February and needs a rebase.
>
> A consensus was reached to mark this patch as RwF for now. There
> are many patches to be reviewed and this one doesn't seem to be in the
> best shape, so we have to prioritise. Please feel free re-submitting
> the patch for the next commitfest.

See also [1]

"""
[...]
Also, please consider joining the efforts and having one thread
with a single patchset rather than different threads with different
competing patches. This will simplify the work of the reviewers a lot.

Personally I would suggest taking one step back and agree on a
particular RFC first and then continue working on a single patchset
according to this RFC. We did it in the past in similar cases and this
approach proved to be productive.
[...]
"""

[1]: https://postgr.es/m/CAJ7c6TME5Z8k4undYUmKavD_dQFL0ujA%2BzFCK1eTH0_pzM%3DXrA%40mail.gmail.com