Re: json api WIP patch

From: Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: json api WIP patch
Date: 2013-01-07 15:25:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 3:03 PM, Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I understand - but hstore isn't in core - so it should not be precedent
>
> regexp_split_to_table
>
> I am not native speaker, it sounds little bit strange - but maybe
> because I am not native speaker :)

it's common usage: http://api.jquery.com/jQuery.each/

the patch looks fabulous. There are a few trivial whitespace issues
yet and I noticed a leaked hstore comment@ 2440:
+ /*
+ * if the input hstore is empty, we can only skip the rest if we were
+ * passed in a non-null record, since otherwise there may be issues with
+ * domain nulls.
+ */

merlin