From: Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Euler Taveira <euler(at)eulerto(dot)com>
Cc: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, Rahila Syed <rahilasyed90(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Önder Kalacı <onderkalaci(at)gmail(dot)com>, japin <japinli(at)hotmail(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>, Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Amit Langote <amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: row filtering for logical replication
Date: 2021-09-08 12:16:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Euler,

As you probably know the "base" Row-Filter 27-0001 got seriously
messed up by a recent commit that had lots of overlaps with your code
[1].

e.g. It broke trying to apply on HEAD as follows:

[postgres(at)CentOS7-x64 oss_postgres_RowFilter]$ git apply
v27-0001-Row-filter-for-logical-replication.patch
error: patch failed: src/backend/catalog/pg_publication.c:141
error: src/backend/catalog/pg_publication.c: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: src/backend/commands/publicationcmds.c:384
error: src/backend/commands/publicationcmds.c: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: src/backend/parser/gram.y:426
error: src/backend/parser/gram.y: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: src/include/catalog/pg_publication.h:83
error: src/include/catalog/pg_publication.h: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: src/include/nodes/nodes.h:490
error: src/include/nodes/nodes.h: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: src/include/nodes/parsenodes.h:3625
error: src/include/nodes/parsenodes.h: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: src/test/regress/expected/publication.out:158
error: src/test/regress/expected/publication.out: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: src/test/regress/sql/publication.sql:93
error: src/test/regress/sql/publication.sql: patch does not apply

~~

I know you are having discussions in the other (Col-Filtering) thread
about the names PublicationRelationInfo versus PublicationRelInfo etc,
but meanwhile, I am in need of a working "base" Row-Filter patch so
that I can post my incremental work, and so that the cfbot can
continue to run ok.

Since your v27 has been broken for several days already I've taken it
upon myself to re-base it. PSA.

v27-0001 --> v28-0001.

(AFAIK this new v28 applies ok and passes all regression and TAP
subscription tests)

Note: This v28 patch was made only so that I can (soon) post some
other small incremental patches on top of it, and also so the cfbot
will be able to run them ok. If you do not like it then just overwrite
it - I am happy to work with whatever latest "base" patch you provide
so long as it is compatible with the current master code.

------

[1] https://github.com/postgres/postgres/commit/0c6828fa987b791744b9c8685aadf1baa21f8977#

Kind Regards,
Peter Smith.
Fujitsu Australia

Attachment Content-Type Size
v28-0001-Row-filter-for-logical-replication.patch application/octet-stream 70.6 KB