Re: PGDOCS - Logical replication GUCs - added some xrefs

From: Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PGDOCS - Logical replication GUCs - added some xrefs
Date: 2022-11-22 22:16:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Nov 16, 2022 at 10:24 PM vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> One suggestion:
> The format of subscribers includes the data type and default values,
> the format of publishers does not include data type and default
> values. We can try to maintain the consistency for both publisher and
> subscriber configurations.
> + <para>
> + </para>

> (<type>integer</type>)
> + <indexterm>
> configuration parameter</primary>
> + </indexterm>
> + </term>
> + <listitem>
> + <para>
> + Specifies maximum number of logical replication workers. This
> must be set
> + to at least the number of subscriptions (for apply workers), plus some
> + reserve for the table synchronization workers.
> + </para>
> + <para>
>
> If we don't want to keep the same format, we could give a link to
> runtime-config-replication where data type and default is defined for
> publisher configurations max_replication_slots and max_wal_senders.

Thanks for your suggestions.

I have included xref links to the original definitions, rather than
defining the same GUC in multiple places.

PSA v3.

------
Kind Regards,
Peter Smith.
Fujitsu Australia

Attachment Content-Type Size
v3-0001-Logical-replication-GUCs-consolidated.patch application/octet-stream 10.0 KB