Re: PGDOCS - Logical replication GUCs - added some xrefs

From: Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PGDOCS - Logical replication GUCs - added some xrefs
Date: 2022-11-23 23:43:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Nov 23, 2022 at 9:16 AM Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 16, 2022 at 10:24 PM vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> > One suggestion:
> > The format of subscribers includes the data type and default values,
> > the format of publishers does not include data type and default
> > values. We can try to maintain the consistency for both publisher and
> > subscriber configurations.
> > + <para>
> > + </para>

> > (<type>integer</type>)
> > + <indexterm>
> > configuration parameter</primary>
> > + </indexterm>
> > + </term>
> > + <listitem>
> > + <para>
> > + Specifies maximum number of logical replication workers. This
> > must be set
> > + to at least the number of subscriptions (for apply workers), plus some
> > + reserve for the table synchronization workers.
> > + </para>
> > + <para>
> >
> > If we don't want to keep the same format, we could give a link to
> > runtime-config-replication where data type and default is defined for
> > publisher configurations max_replication_slots and max_wal_senders.
> >

> Thanks for your suggestions.
>
> I have included xref links to the original definitions, rather than
> defining the same GUC in multiple places.
>
> PSA v3.

I updated the patch. The content is unchanged from v3 but the links
are modified so now they render with the correct <varname> format for
the GUC names.

PSA v4.

------
Kind Regards,
Peter Smith.
Fujitsu Australia

Attachment Content-Type Size
v4-0001-Logical-replication-GUCs-consolidated.patch application/octet-stream 10.5 KB