Re: Patch to support SEMI and ANTI join removal

From: David Rowley <dgrowley(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>, Jim Nasby <jim(at)nasby(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Patch to support SEMI and ANTI join removal
Date: 2015-02-14 12:48:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 13 February 2015 at 20:52, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 8:23 PM, David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>
> wrote:
>

>> As the patch stands there's still a couple of FIXMEs in there, so there's
>> still a bit of work to do yet.
>> Comments are welcome
>>

> Hm, if there is still work to do, we may as well mark this patch as
> rejected as-is, also because it stands in this state for a couple of months.

My apologies, I'd not realised that the thread link on the commitfest app
was pointing to the wrong thread.

I see now that the patch has been bumped off the december fest that It's
now a duplicate on the February commitfest as I'd hastily added it to Feb
before I rushed off on my summer holidays 2 weeks ago.

I've now changed the duplicate to "returned with feedback" as there was no
option that I could find to delete it. (If anyone has extra rights to do
this, could that be done instead?)

The state of the patch is currently ready for review. The FIXME stuff that
I had talked about above is old news.

Please can we use the
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAApHDvocUEYdt1uT+DLDPs2xEu=v3qJGT6HeXKonQM4rY_OsSA(at)mail(dot)gmail(dot)com#CAApHDvocUEYdt1uT+DLDPs2xEu=v3qJGT6HeXKonQM4rY_OsSA@mail.gmail.com
thread for further communications about this patch. I'm trying to kill this
one off due to the out-of-date subject.

Regards

David Rowley