How to use hstore

From: Jan Eskilsson <janeskil1525(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to use hstore
Date: 2012-06-04 12:08:29
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi all

I log data in a table using a hstore field.

My problem is that i would like to be able to retrieve a group of
records from the hstore table and present them in a grid so I would
like to convert the hstore records back to the original table format.
In the manual i found an example how to convert to a predefined record
type, exactly what i like to do but the example works great as long as
there is only one record to convert.

SELECT * FROM populate_record(null::test,
'"col1"=>"456", "col2"=>"zzz"');.

But i like to to something like this
SELECT * FROM populate_record(null::test,
(select logfield from logtable where
'"col1"=>"456" ));

So i wonder how should i do if i have lots of hstore records to
convert ? My SQl knowledge is a bit short :-)

Thank you in advance!

Jan Eskilsson

Please consider the environment before you print this email.

(1) The contents of this transmission are privileged and confidential
and intended solely for the use of the addressee. Any disclosure,
distribution or copying of the contents, other than by the addressee,
is strictly prohibited. If you receive this transmission in error,
please notify us immediately and destroy the material received.
(2) All incoming and outgoing emails and any attachments are subjected
to a virus scanner and are believed to be free of any virus, or any
other defect which might affect any computer or IT system into which
they are received and opened. Therefore, it is the responsibility of
the recipient to ensure that they are virus free and no responsibility
is accepted by Jan Eskilsson  for any loss or damage arising in any
way from receipt or use thereof.