Re: pgadmin3 crash report

From: Willy-Bas Loos <willybas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: r d <rd0002(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgadmin3 crash report
Date: 2011-09-26 10:02:29
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 10:07 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> The adminpack should only work if you use the logging_collector and the
> default values for log_directory and log_filename. One of these is
> probably wrongly configured.

the logging collector is off by default, yet the log is being collected.
this is on ubuntu server lucid (10.04, the current LTS version).

Maybe it would be a good idea to run
show logging_collector
upon installing the adminpack, and raise a warning notice if it is 'off'.

too bad you can only use this feature with the logging_collector. I
won't change the logging now that i am content with it (apart from
reading it in pgAdmin), I think that many ubuntu users will feel the
same.
Also, pgAdmin crashes (no, stalls) on the deafult ubuntu server
configuration with the adminpack installed, unless you make the
symlink (which was an educated guess). I think that that should at
least be fixed.

Cheers,

WBL

--
"Patriotism is the conviction that your country is superior to all
others because you were born in it." -- George Bernard Shaw