Re: Psql dosent log error messages on windows

From: Willy-Bas Loos <willybas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Armand Turpel <armand(dot)turpel(dot)mnhn(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Psql dosent log error messages on windows
Date: 2012-04-25 12:27:44
Lists: pgsql-general

the windows user that owns the process ("postgres" by default) needs to
have the right to write in the folder to write a server log.
by default, this user has very few privileges (for good reasons - security).

about psql not writing that log:
>> means to redirect "standard out" to a file. But "standard error" is not
affected by that.
add 2>&1 to write errors to that log too.

hth,

WBL

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 2:11 PM, Armand Turpel <armand(dot)turpel(dot)mnhn(at)gmail(dot)com