plpgsql : adding record variable to table

From: thomas veymont <thomas(dot)veymont(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: plpgsql : adding record variable to table
Date: 2012-04-18 17:55:55
Lists: pgsql-sql

(sorry my previous email was truncated)

hi,

Here is what I want to do :

I want to check each row of a table against some conditions (this
check needs some
processing stuff I can easily code with pl/pgsql).

If the row is OK, I want to add it in a "resulting table",
else I just ignore the current row and go to next one.

My function looks like this : (simplified)

FUNCTION myfunction (...) RETURNS TABLE ( elem1 , elem2, elem3 ...)
DECLARE
g RECORD
BEGIN
FOR g in SELECT colum1, column2, ... FROM someTable
LOOP
-- do some processing on "g", then decide wheter I want to
select it or not
IF (g is selected) THEN >>add g to resulting_table<<
END LOOP
RETURN resulting_table

How should I write the "add g to resulting table" part ?

thanks,
Tom