Re: test git conversion

From: Maciek Sakrejda <msakrejda(at)truviso(dot)com>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Marko Kreen <markokr(at)gmail(dot)com>, Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: test git conversion
Date: 2012-01-27 17:22:28
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I'm now working on getting the keyword expansion right. Some files in
older revisions have $Header$ keywords, which include the full path on
expansion, which is a problem (since the expanded version has to be
committed to git). I looked at what the server project did, and the
CVS root references seem to have been replaced with "/cvsroot". I
added functionality to do this on conversion in cvs2git (seems to
work; will try to commit a patch upstream), and added it as a prep
step to the CVS checkouts in the verify-tags.sh script, but I still
see diffs:

diff -r '--exclude=CVS' '--exclude=.git' ./Makefile ../cvs-co/REL6_5/Makefile
7c7
< # $Header: /cvsroot/pgjdbc/Makefile,v 1.14 1999-06-23 05:56:17 peter Exp $
---
> # $Header: /cvsroot/pgjdbc/Attic/Makefile,v 1.14 1999-06-23 05:56:17 peter Exp $

There are several dozen of these across all the various tags. The left
is the git conversion, the right is the CVS checkout. Everything in
the CVS checkout seems to be in the attic (even though the files
themselves are not--at least not at those checked out tags). Is this
expected? Does it have to do with the missing config file?

Thanks,
---
Maciek Sakrejda | System Architect | Truviso

1065 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Suite 215
Foster City, CA 94404
(650) 242-3500 Main
www.truviso.com