Re: GIT move

From: Maciek Sakrejda <msakrejda(at)truviso(dot)com>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>, Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreak(at)officenet(dot)no>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: GIT move
Date: 2012-02-07 17:38:30
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

> OK, the converted repository is up at
>
> https://github.com/pgjdbc

Cloned it, looks great. No manufactured anything, authors look good,
history looks good.

> I have removed all CVS keyword expansions of PostgreSQL instead of
> replacing them with the full filename. I don't think the path tells you a
> whole lot, the file is there on disk so you can check the path if you
> care. It just seems like a maintenance headache.

+1 (I only did the fixed expansion to be consistent with the server
project, but I personally prefer no keywords at all as well).

> Additionally I have converted the .cvsignore files to .gitignore.

I see that this is a straight rename. Note that there are some minor
semantic differences:
http://cvs2svn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=1670&dsMessageId=2870852
. I think the most relevant of these is the recursive behavior of
'foo' (versus '/foo') in a .gitignore file, but I don't think that
matters for the ones we have.

I can take a look at updating the website if you'd like. Should it
mention CVS at all (just in case we did something catastrophically
stupid that we have not yet noticed), and if so, is anyone planning to
mirror patches to CVS for any amount of time, or is it frozen as of
the transition?

Thanks,
---
Maciek Sakrejda | System Architect | Truviso

1065 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Suite 215
Foster City, CA 94404
(650) 242-3500 Main
www.truviso.com