Re: WIP: System Versioned Temporal Table

From: Eli Marmor <eli(at)netmask(dot)it>
To: Surafel Temesgen <surafel3000(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>, Vik Fearing <vik(dot)fearing(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: WIP: System Versioned Temporal Table
Date: 2020-03-31 19:12:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Surafel and the rest,

I'm the owner of the Israeli meetup group of PostgreSQL, and I'm interested
in Temporality and have been trying for several years a few ways to add it
to PostgreSQL
(all of them through extensions and external ways).
I'm happy that this is done by you internally (and a little bit
disappointed that it's delayed again and again, but that's life...).
I'll be happy to join this effort.
I can't promise that I'll succeed to contribute anything, but first I want
to play with it a little.
To save me several hours, can you advise me what is the best way to install
it?
Which exact version of PG should I apply this patch to?

Thanks in advance, and thanks for your great work!
Eli