Re: new createuser option for replication role

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Cédric Villemain <cedric(dot)villemain(dot)debian(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: new createuser option for replication role
Date: 2011-09-22 16:45:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 10:55 PM, Cédric Villemain
<cedric(dot)villemain(dot)debian(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Before doing the complete review, I hit a regression with 9.1 createrole.

Thanks!

> the command ''createuser -e -s foo" produce :
>  CREATE ROLE foo SUPERUSER CREATEDB CREATEROLE INHERIT LOGIN NOREPLICATION;
>
> before it was:
>  CREATE ROLE foo SUPERUSER CREATEDB CREATEROLE INHERIT LOGIN;
>
> The REPLICATION was allowed by default to superuser, and the current
> patch change the default to remove the right.
>
> I believe we should add only the REPLICATION when --replication is
> set, and NOREPLICATION when --no-replication is set.

Agreed. Attached is the updated version of the patch. It adds two options
--replication and --no-replication. If neither specified, neither REPLICATION
nor NOREPLICATION is specified in CREATE ROLE, i.e., in this case,
replication privilege is granted to only superuser.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center

Attachment Content-Type Size
createuser_replication_option_v3.patch application/octet-stream 3.2 KB