Re: Adding in docs the meaning of pg_stat_replication.sync_state

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Adding in docs the meaning of pg_stat_replication.sync_state
Date: 2016-12-06 07:38:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Dec 6, 2016 at 2:13 PM, Michael Paquier
> On Tue, Dec 6, 2016 at 1:54 PM, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> + <literal>backup</>: The WAL sender is sending a backup.
>>
>> Seems it's better to use "This WAL sender" rather than "The WAL sender"
>> like the descriptions of other fields.
>>
>> There are two descriptions of "streaming" value. You need to remove
>> either of them.
>>
>> + <literal>streaming</>: The WAL sender is catching up with the
>> + primary.
>>
>> "walsender is catching up with the primary" sounds a bit strange to me.
>> What about "This WAL sender's connected standby server is catching up
>> with the primary"?
>>
>> + <literal>streaming</>: The WAL sender has caught up with the
>> + primary and is streaming changes.
>>
>> Same as above.
>
> Agreed with all that. Attached is an updated version.

Thanks for updating the patch! Attached is the updated version of the patch.

I changed the order of descriptions of the walsender state in
intuitive one rather than alphabetical one. Also I enhanced
the description of "potential" state.

Could you review the latest patch?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao

Attachment Content-Type Size
sync-state-docs-v3.patch text/x-patch 3.5 KB