Re: Patch: doc for pg_logical_emit_message()

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Matsumura, Ryo" <matsumura(dot)ryo(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch: doc for pg_logical_emit_message()
Date: 2019-04-24 14:39:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 11:12 AM Matsumura, Ryo
<matsumura(dot)ryo(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com> wrote:

> On Tue. Apr. 23, 2019 at 02:59 AM Masao, Fujii
> <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>
> Thank you for the comment.
>
> > So I think that the patch should fix also the description for those
> > replication functions. Thought?
>
> I think so too.
> I attach a new patch.

Thanks for updating the patch!

+ Use of functions for replication origin is restricted to superusers.
+ Use of functions for replication slot is restricted to superusers
and replication roles.

"replication role" is a bit confusing. For example, we have
"replication role" related to session_replication_role. So
I think it's better to use something like "users having
<literal>REPLICATION</literal> privilege".

+ Only <function>pg_logical_emit_message</function> can be used by any users.

Not any user, I think. For example, what about a user not having
EXECUTE privilege on pg_logical_emit_message function?
I don't think that this description only for pg_logical_emit_message
is necessary.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao