Re: PG synchronous replication and unresponsive slave

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Manoj Govindassamy <manoj(at)nimblestorage(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PG synchronous replication and unresponsive slave
Date: 2012-01-18 01:04:47
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 6:37 AM, Manoj Govindassamy
<manoj(at)nimblestorage(dot)com> wrote:
> (2) We are not comfortable moving to PGPool just for automatic failback mode
> on hot-standby failure.

Hmm.. my reply might be misleading. What I meant was to use pgpool-II
as a clusterware for PostgreSQL built-in replication, not as a replication
itself. You can health-check, do failover if necessary and manage the
PostgreSQL replication by using pgpool-II. AFAIK pgpool-II has such an
operation mode. But you are still not comfortable in using pgpool-II in
that way?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao