Re: Intermittent buildfarm failures on wrasse

From: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Intermittent buildfarm failures on wrasse
Date: 2022-04-14 22:08:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Apr 14, 2022 at 2:33 PM Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> Meanwhile, wrasse did fail with my relallvisible check in place [1],
> and what that shows is that relallvisible is *zero* to start with
> and remains so throughout the CREATE INDEX sequence. That pretty
> definitively proves that it's not a page-skipping problem but
> an xmin-horizon-too-old problem. We're no closer to understanding
> where that horizon value is coming from, though.

Have you looked at the autovacuum log output in more detail? It might
be possible to debug further, but looks like there are no XIDs to work
off of in the log_line_prefix that's in use on wrasse.

The CITester log_line_prefix is pretty useful -- I wonder if we can
standardize on that within the buildfarm, too.
--
Peter Geoghegan