MSAccess to postgres on Windows Currency type problem

From: albert <skarbat(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: MSAccess to postgres on Windows Currency type problem
Date: 2011-09-11 22:08:37
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi all,

I am exporting a MSAccess database to Postgres under windows using ODBC.
An Access table has a column with Currency data type.
When trying to export that table I get a popup message saying the ODBC call
failed,
"the input syntax is invalid for type double precision <40868,8227>" .

(it's not a verbatim error message as I am running Spanish windows version)

I have tried to export that same table using mdbtools' mdb-schema program
and it works correctly, translating it to postgres "money" data type.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I have not found any related settings on the
ODBC driver applet.

I am running Microsoft Access 2010 and postgres 8.4.8-1

Thanks
Albert