WAL archiving question

From: Debanjan Bhattacharyya <b(dot)debanjan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: WAL archiving question
Date: 2012-03-22 12:28:35
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi
I have two queries on WAL archiving.
I am using Postgres 8.2 and I have successfully setup a primary
hot-standy (with continuous recovery from WAL files) db pair.

I want to find the time stamp and name of last WAL archive applied by
the HOT standby db in continuous recovery mode.
I also need to find out if currently the recovery is held up because
the standby db is missing a archive

I have gone through the documentations and could not find the
information on how to find the above information from the standby db.
Can you please guide me as to where I can find this information or
post this question?

Thanks
Regards
Debanjan Bhattacharyya