Re: EXCLUDE COLLATE in CREATE/ALTER TABLE document

From: shihao zhong <zhong950419(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: EXCLUDE COLLATE in CREATE/ALTER TABLE document
Date: 2023-11-01 02:30:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Oct 31, 2023 at 9:07 PM Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> shihao zhong <zhong950419(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> > I noticed that the CREATE/ALTER TABLE document does not mention that
> > EXCLUDE can accept a collation. I created a documentation fix for this
> > issue, and I have attached it to this email.
>
> > Hmm ... is this actually correct? I think that the collate
> > option has to come before the opclass name etc, so you'd need
> > to shove it into exclude_element to provide an accurate
> > description of the syntax.
> >
> > regards, tom lane

Hi Tom,
Thank you for your feedback on my previous patch. I have fixed the issue
and attached a new patch for your review. Could you please take a look for
it if you have a sec? Thanks

Also, if I understand correctly, the changes to sql_help.c will be made by
the committer, so I do not need to run create_help.pl in my patch. Can you
please confirm?

I appreciate your help and time.

Thanks,
Shihao

Attachment Content-Type Size
update_document_exclude_with_collate_v2.patch application/octet-stream 2.2 KB