Re: Fwd: Add tablespace tap test to pg_rewind

From: Shaoqi Bai <sbai(at)pivotal(dot)io>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fwd: Add tablespace tap test to pg_rewind
Date: 2019-03-22 08:25:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 1:34 PM Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 11:41:01PM +0800, Shaoqi Bai wrote:
> > Have updated the patch doing as you suggested
>
> + RewindTest::setup_cluster($test_mode, ['-g']);
> + RewindTest::start_master();
>
> There is no need to test for group permissions here, 002_databases.pl
> already looks after that.

Deleted the test for group permissions in updated patch.

> + # Check for symlink -- needed only on source dir, only allow symlink
> + # when under pg_tblspc
> + # (note: this will fall through quietly if file is already gone)
> + if (-l $srcpath)
> So you need that but in RecursiveCopy.pm because of init_from_backup
> when creating the standby, which makes sense when it comes to
> pg_tblspc. I am wondering about any side effects though, and if it
> would make sense to just remove the restriction for symlinks in
> _copypath_recurse().
> --
> Michael

Checking the RecursiveCopy::copypath being called, only _backup_fs and
init_from_backup called it.
After runing cmd make -C src/bin check in updated patch, seeing no failure.

Attachment Content-Type Size
0002-Add-new-test-with-integration-in-RewindTest.pm.patch application/octet-stream 3.2 KB
0001-Refactors-the-code-for-the-new-option-in-PostgresNod.patch application/octet-stream 2.4 KB