Re: missing perl test modules in postgresqlXX-devel ?

From: Craig Ringer <craig(dot)ringer(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais <jgdr(at)dalibo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-pkg-yum(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: missing perl test modules in postgresqlXX-devel ?
Date: 2020-11-10 00:53:40
Lists: pgsql-pkg-yum

On Mon, Nov 9, 2020 at 6:50 PM Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais <jgdr(at)dalibo(dot)com>
wrote:

> I am currently writing TAP tests for check_pgactivity and rely on
> PostgresNode
> and friends to write and run them. They are very valuable and saves a lot
> of
> time.

I'm really glad. I have put a fair bit of effort into getting the test
infra installed as part of "make install" so it gets packaged.

Next I need to push for consistent -test packages for rpms and debs that
bundle the actual test .sql, .out, .spec, and t/*.pl files needed to
actually run the tests on the installed postgres. This is exceedingly
useful when validating the behaviour of extensions.