Re: Add RANGE with values and exclusions clauses to the Window Functions

From: Oliver Ford <ojford(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Add RANGE with values and exclusions clauses to the Window Functions
Date: 2018-01-29 16:55:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Jan 27, 2018 at 4:14 PM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> No, that Assert is correct, because it's in SearchCatCacheList.
> It doesn't make any sense to use SearchCatCacheList for a lookup
> that specifies all of the key columns, because then you necessarily
> have at most one match; you might as well use regular SearchCatCache,
> which is significantly more efficient.

Ok the attached patch leaves that assert alone and uses
SearchSysCache4 for the Oid lookup. Everything still works.

If this looks generally alright-ish I'll start work on adding
float/double support as that's already been requested.

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-window-frame-v9.patch application/octet-stream 175.5 KB