Re: Bug in GET STACKED DIAGNOSTICS ?

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dan S <strd911(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Bug in GET STACKED DIAGNOSTICS ?
Date: 2012-12-11 11:00:21
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello

2012/12/10 Dan S <strd911(at)gmail(dot)com>:
> Hi !
>
> I'm running "PostgreSQL 9.2.2 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc
> (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3-1ubuntu5) 4.6.3, 32-bit" on ubuntu 12.04 .
>
> I'm a bit perplexed by the difference in PG_EXCEPTION_CONTEXT of the
> following two invocations of a function where I try to get the call stack.
> Is this expected behaviour ?
>
> First invocation (This is the one where I get the expected notification):
>
> select * from testfunc2(true);
>
> NOTICE: PL/pgSQL function testfunc(boolean) line 8 at assignment
> PL/pgSQL function testfunc2(boolean) line 6 at RETURNs
>

> Second invocation (I did expect two rows of callstack here also but I only
> got one):
>
> select * from testfunc2(false);
>
> NOTICE: PL/pgSQL function testfunc2(boolean) line 6 at RETURNs

It is feature, not e bug - although I don't sure what is sense of this feature.

plpgsql_exec_error_callback(void *arg)
{
PLpgSQL_execstate *estate = (PLpgSQL_execstate *) arg;

/* if we are doing RAISE, don't report its location */
if (estate->err_text == raise_skip_msg)
return;

we don't attach context for RAISE statement.

Regards

Pavel Stehule