Re: proposal - psql - possibility to redirect only tabular output

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: proposal - psql - possibility to redirect only tabular output
Date: 2020-04-11 08:21:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

so 11. 4. 2020 v 8:54 odesílatel Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
napsal:

> Hi
>
> Now, the content of redirect output has two parts
>
> 1. tabular output
> 2. cmd tags
>
> There is a problem with command tags, because it is specific kind of
> information and can be nice if can be redirected to stdout every time like
> \h output. There can be new psql variable like REDIRECTED_OUTPUT with
> possibilities (all, tabular)
>
> What do you think about this?

or different method - set target of status row - with result (default) or
stdout (terminal)

patch assigned

When I pin status rows just to stdout, then redirected output contains only
query results

Regards

Pavel

> Pavel

Attachment Content-Type Size
psql-status-target.patch text/x-patch 3.0 KB