Re: proposal: possibility to read dumped table's name from file

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, Dean Rasheed <dean(dot)a(dot)rasheed(at)gmail(dot)com>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Surafel Temesgen <surafel3000(at)gmail(dot)com>, vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: proposal: possibility to read dumped table's name from file
Date: 2021-10-27 09:15:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi

út 5. 10. 2021 v 14:30 odesílatel Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
napsal:

> > On 1 Oct 2021, at 15:19, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se> wrote:
>
> > I'm still not happy with the docs, I need to take another look there and
> see if
> > I make them more readable but otherwise I don't think there are any open
> issues
> > with this.
>
> Attached is a rebased version which has rewritten docs which I think are
> more
> in line with the pg_dump documentation. I've also added tests for
> --strict-names operation, as well subjected it to pgindent and pgperltidy.
>
> Unless there are objections, I think this is pretty much ready to go in.

I am sending a rebased version of patch pg_dump-filteropt-20211005.patch
with fixed regress tests and fixed documentation (reported by Erik).
I found another issue - the stringinfo line used in filter_get_pattern was
released too early - the line (memory) was used later in check of unexpected
chars after pattern string. I fixed it by moving this stringinfo buffer to
fstate structure. It can be shared by all routines, and it can be safely
released at
an end of filter processing, where we are sure, so these data can be free.

Regards

Pavel

> --
> Daniel Gustafsson https://vmware.com/

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_dump-filteropt-20211027.patch text/x-patch 29.1 KB