Re: Rethinking plpgsql's assignment implementation

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Rethinking plpgsql's assignment implementation
Date: 2020-12-26 18:00:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi

I repeated tests. I wrote a set of simple functions. It is a synthetical
test, but I think it can identify potential problems well.

I calculated the average of 3 cycles and I checked the performance of each
function. I didn't find any problem. The total execution time is well too.
Patched code is about 11% faster than master (14sec x 15.8sec). So there is
new important functionality with nice performance benefits.

make check-world passed

Regards

Pavel

Attachment Content-Type Size
plpgsql-perftest.sql application/sql 2.5 KB