Re: [HACKERS] proposal: schema variables

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dean Rasheed <dean(dot)a(dot)rasheed(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>, Gilles Darold <gilles(dot)darold(at)dalibo(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] proposal: schema variables
Date: 2018-09-17 19:46:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

so 15. 9. 2018 v 18:06 odesílatel Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
napsal:

>> The code is more cleaner now, there are more tests, and documentation is
>> mostly complete. I am sorry - my English is not good.
>> New features:
>>
>> o ON COMMIT DROP and ON TRANSACTION END RESET -- remove temp variable on
>> commit, reset variable on transaction end (commit, rollback)
>> o LET var = DEFAULT -- reset specified variable
>>

> fix some forgotten warnings and dependency issue
> few more tests

new update:

o support NOT NULL check
o implementation limited transaction variables - these variables doesn't
respects subtransactions(this is much more complex), drop variable drops
content although the drop can be reverted (maybe this limit will be
removed).

CREATE TRANSACTION VARIABLE fx AS int;

LET fx = 10;
BEGIN
LET fx = 20;
ROLLBACK;

SELECT fx;

Regards

Pavel

> Regards
>
> Pavel
>

>> Regards
>>
>> Pavel
>>

>>> Regards,
>>> Dean

Attachment Content-Type Size
schema-variables-20180917-01.patch.gz application/gzip 63.0 KB