Re: [sqlsmith] Failed assertion in joinrels.c

From: Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [sqlsmith] Failed assertion in joinrels.c
Date: 2016-08-08 11:28:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 5:35 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I think that's just making life difficult.  If nothing else, sqlsmith
> hunts around for functions it can call that return internal errors,
> and if we refuse to fix all of them to return user-facing errors, then
> it's just crap for the people running sqlsmith to sift through and
> it's a judgment call whether to fix each particular case.  Even aside
> from that, I think it's much better to have a clear and unambiguous
> rule that elog is only for can't-happen things, not
> we-don't-recommend-it things.

I have changed for all these function to report more appropriate error with

I used ERRCODE_WRONG_OBJECT_TYPE error code for reporting such errors.
I think this is closest error code among all existing error codes, other

But I think ERRCODE_WRONG_OBJECT_TYPE is better option.

Patch attached for the same.

Dilip Kumar