Toast compression method options

From: Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Toast compression method options
Date: 2021-05-03 12:57:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

We have already pushed the configurable lz4 toast compression code[1].
In the custom compression thread, we were already having the patch to
support the compression method options[2]. But the design for the
base patches was heavily modified before commit but I never rebased
this patch based on the new design. Now, I have rebased this patch so
that we don't lose track and we can work on this for v15. This is
still a WIP patch.

For v15 I will work on improving the code and I will also work on
analyzing the usage of compression method options (compression
speed/ratio).

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/E1lNKw9-0008DT-1L%40gemulon.postgresql.org
[2] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAFiTN-s7fno8pGwfK7jwSf7uNaVhPZ38C3LAcF%2B%3DWHu7jNvy7g%40mail.gmail.com

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar

Attachment Content-Type Size
WIP-0001-Toast-compression-method-options.patch application/octet-stream 53.8 KB