Re: Proposal : REINDEX SCHEMA

From: Fabrízio de Royes Mello <fabriziomello(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Sawada Masahiko <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Proposal : REINDEX SCHEMA
Date: 2014-10-20 00:41:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 10:37 PM, Fabrízio de Royes Mello <
fabriziomello(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 1:02 PM, Sawada Masahiko <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> > On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 4:32 AM, Fabrízio de Royes Mello
> > <fabriziomello(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> > > On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 11:41 AM, Sawada Masahiko <
sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>

TABLE ALL

> > > Ok.

> > > I understood, but the real problem will in a near future when the
features
> > > will be pushed... :-)
> > >
> > > They are separated features, but maybe we can join this features to a
one
> > > future commit... it's just an idea.

SCHEMA

> > > 1) Compile without warnings
> > >

> > > 2) IMHO you can add more test cases to better code coverage:
> > >
> > > * reindex a schema that doesn't exists
> > > * try to run "reindex all in schema" inside a transaction block
> > >

> > > 3) Isn't enough just?
> > >
> > > bool do_database = (kind == OBJECT_DATABASE);
> > >
> > > ... instead of...
> > >
> > > + bool do_database = (kind == OBJECT_DATABASE) ? true : false;
> > >

> > > 4) IMHO you can add other Assert to check valid relkinds, like:
> > >
> > > Assert(kind == OBJECT_DATABASE || kind == OBJECT_SCHEMA);
> > >

> > > 5) I think is more legible:
> > >
> > > /* Get OID of object for result */
> > > if (do_database)
> > > objectOid = MyDatabaseId
> > > else
> > > objectOid = get_namespace_oid(objectName, false);
> > >
> > > ... insead of ...
> > >
> > > + /* Get OID of object for result */
> > > + objectOid = (do_database) ? MyDatabaseId :
get_namespace_oid(objectName,
> > > false);

> > > The code itself is good for me, but IMHO you can add test cases to
> > > src/bin/scripts/t/090_reindexdb.pl
> > >

> > Thank you for reviewing.
>
> You're welcome!
>

> > I agree 2) - 5).
>
> :-)
>

> > Attached patch is latest version patch I modified above.
>
> All is fine to me now... all work as expected and no compiler warnings.
>
> There are just a little fix to do in src/bin/scripts/t/090_reindexdb.pl
>
> -use Test::More tests => 7;
> +use Test::More tests => 8;
>
> Because you added a new testcase to suittest, so you need to increase the
test count at beginning of the file.

Patch attached. Now the regress run without errors.

Regards,

--
Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Consultoria/Coaching PostgreSQL
>> Timbira: http://www.timbira.com.br
>> Blog: http://fabriziomello.github.io
>> Linkedin: http://br.linkedin.com/in/fabriziomello
>> Twitter: http://twitter.com/fabriziomello
>> Github: http://github.com/fabriziomello

Attachment Content-Type Size
001_Add_schema_option_to_reindexdb_v3.patch text/x-patch 6.8 KB