Re: [HACKERS] logical decoding of two-phase transactions

From: Ajin Cherian <itsajin(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Arseny Sher <a(dot)sher(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: Nikhil Sontakke <nikhils(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Petr Jelinek <petr(dot)jelinek(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Sokolov Yura <y(dot)sokolov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Stas Kelvich <s(dot)kelvich(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Dmitry Dolgov <9erthalion6(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] logical decoding of two-phase transactions
Date: 2020-09-07 05:23:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

Trying to revive this patch which attempts to support logical decoding of
two phase transactions. I've rebased and polished Nikhil's patch on the
current HEAD. Some of the logic in the previous patchset has already been
committed as part of large-in-progress transaction commits, like the
handling of concurrent aborts, so all that logic has been left out. I think
some of the earlier comments have already been addressed or are no longer
relevant. Do have a look at the patch and let me know what you think.I will
try and address any pending issues going forward.

regards,
Ajin Cherian
Fujitsu Australia

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Support-decoding-of-two-phase-transactions-at-PREPAR.patch application/octet-stream 62.7 KB