Re: generate syscache info automatically

From: John Naylor <john(dot)naylor(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: generate syscache info automatically
Date: 2023-09-01 11:31:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Aug 31, 2023 at 6:23 PM Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>
wrote:

> Attached is an updated patch set.
>
> One win here is that the ObjectProperty lookup now uses a hash function
> instead of a linear search. So hopefully the performance is better (to
> be confirmed) and it could now be used for things like [0].

+ # XXX This one neither, but if I add it to @skip, PerfectHash will fail.
(???)
+ #FIXME: AttributeRelationId

I took a quick look at this, and attached is the least invasive way to get
it working for now, which is to bump the table size slightly. The comment
says doing this isn't reliable, but it happens to work in this case.
Playing around with the functions is hit-or-miss, and when that fails,
somehow the larger table saves the day.

--
John Naylor
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
quick-hack-fix-hash.patch.txt text/plain 1.6 KB