Re: build remaining Flex files standalone

From: John Naylor <john(dot)naylor(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Steve Singer <steve(at)ssinger(dot)info>, Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: build remaining Flex files standalone
Date: 2022-09-09 05:18:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Sep 7, 2022 at 4:27 PM Peter Eisentraut
<peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> On 04.09.22 20:17, Andres Freund wrote:
> > I think, as a followup improvement, we should move gramparse.h to
> > src/backend/parser, and stop installing gram.h, gramparse.h. gramparse.h
> > already had this note:
> >
> > * NOTE: this file is only meant to be included in the core parsing files,
> > * i.e., parser.c, gram.y, and scan.l.
> > * Definitions that are needed outside the core parser should be in parser.h.
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> I found in my notes:
>
> * maybe gram.h and gramparse.h should not be installed
>
> So, yeah. ;-)

It seems gramparse.h isn't installed now? In any case, here's a patch
to move gramparse to the backend dir and stop symlinking/ installing
gram.h. Confusingly, MSVC didn't seem to copy gram.h to src/include,
so I'm not yet sure how it still managed to build...

--
John Naylor
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
v1-0001-Move-gramparse.h-to-src-backend-parser.patch text/x-patch 7.0 KB