Re: truncating timestamps on arbitrary intervals

From: John Naylor <john(dot)naylor(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Salek Talangi <salek(dot)talangi(at)googlemail(dot)com>
Cc: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: truncating timestamps on arbitrary intervals
Date: 2021-04-01 16:08:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Apr 1, 2021 at 9:11 AM Salek Talangi <salek(dot)talangi(at)googlemail(dot)com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> it might be a bit late now, but do you know that TimescaleDB already has
a similar feature, named time_bucket?
> https://docs.timescale.com/latest/api#time_bucket
> Perhaps that can help with some design decisions.

Yes, thanks I'm aware of it. It's a bit more feature-rich, and I wanted to
have something basic that users can have available without installing an
extension.

--
John Naylor
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com