LDAP URI decoding bugs

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: LDAP URI decoding bugs
Date: 2017-11-03 12:57:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi hackers,

1. If you set up a pg_hba.conf with a URL that lacks a base DN or
hostname, hba.c will segfault on startup when it tries to pstrdup a
null pointer. Examples: ldapurl="ldap://localhost" and
ldapurl="ldap://".

2. If we fail to bind but have no binddn configured, we'll pass NULL
to ereport (snprint?) for %s, which segfaults on some libc
implementations. That crash requires more effort to reproduce but you
can see pretty clearly a few lines above in auth.c that it can be
NULL. (I'm surprised Coverity didn't complain about that. Maybe it
can't see this code due to macros.)

Please see attached.

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
ldap-fixes.patch application/octet-stream 1.6 KB