Re: [HACKERS] LDAPS

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] LDAPS
Date: 2018-01-02 19:56:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 5:31 AM, Peter Eisentraut
<peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> On 12/26/17 15:53, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> This patch looks reasonable to me. I have also seen occasional requests
>> for this in the field.
>>
>> If someone could test this on Windows, I think we could move ahead with it.

Thanks for looking at this.

> A small point on the test changes. You change the test under
> "diagnostic message", but I'm not sure why. Do the changes invalidate
> the existing test?

Yeah. In master, I was relying on the server rejecting ldaptls=1
requests due to lack of configured certificate in order to generate a
diagnostic message. Now that there is a certificate, I needed to find
another way to get requests rejected with a diagnostic message. I
have added a brief note to the commit message about this.

> We should probably also add another "note" call to introduce the LDAPS
> tests section.

I realised that I should probably also include a new test for
ldaptls=1, so that we can see that both ways of doing TLS are working.
I added that test, and added a "note" to label the whole section as
"TLS". Please see attached.

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
ldaps-v4.patch application/octet-stream 13.0 KB