Re: Causal reads take II

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Dmitry Dolgov <9erthalion6(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Causal reads take II
Date: 2017-09-07 05:45:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 2:02 PM, Thomas Munro
<thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
> Rebased after conflicting commit 030273b7. Now using format-patch
> with a commit message to keep track of review/discussion history.

TAP test 006_logical_decoding.pl failed with that version. I had
missed some places that know how to decode wire protocol messages I
modified. Fixed in the attached version.

It might be a good idea to consolidate the message encoding/decoding
logic into reusable routines, independently of this work.

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
synchronous-replay-v4.patch application/octet-stream 82.7 KB