Re: pgsql: Update ssl test certificates and keys

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: pgsql: Update ssl test certificates and keys
Date: 2019-01-15 21:37:35
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jan 4, 2019 at 10:08 AM Thomas Munro
<thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 4, 2019 at 3:36 AM Peter Eisentraut
> <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

> > > Peter, would it make sense to back-patch this commit down to where the
> > > SSL tests have been introduced? If /etc/ssl/ is not correctly
> > > configured, this results in failures across branches on Debian if the
> > > default is used.
> >
> > done
>
> Thanks. FWIW I've just updated eelpout (a Debian testing BF animal
> that runs all the extra tests including SSL) to use libssl-dev
> (instead of libssl1.0-dev), and cleared its accache files. Let's see
> if that works...

Since that upgrade (to libssl 1.1.1a-1), there are have been a few
intermittent failures in the SSL tests on that animal (thanks Tom for
pointing that out off-list). In a quick check, I was able to
reproduce the failure after about 8 successful runs of "make check"
under src/test/ssl on that machine. I couldn't immediately see what
the problem was and I'm away from computers and work this week, so
I'll have to investigate properly early next week. The main unusual
thing about that animal is that it's an ARM CPU. FWIW I run that test
by having this in build-farm.conf (I mention this in case someone
wants to do the same on a Debian buster/testing x86 system to see if
it has a similar problem, if there isn't one like that already):

$ENV{PG_TEST_EXTRA} = "ssl ldap kerberos";

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com