Re: Proposal: Trigonometric functions in degrees

From: Dean Rasheed <dean(dot)a(dot)rasheed(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Proposal: Trigonometric functions in degrees
Date: 2015-11-27 09:33:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 11 November 2015 at 11:45, Dean Rasheed <dean(dot)a(dot)rasheed(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Thanks for testing. I'll post an updated patch sometime soon.

I finally got round to looking at this again, and here is an updated patch.

I've reverted the changes to the CHECKFLOATVAL() checks in the
existing functions, so that can be a separate discussion. As for the
checks in the new functions added by this patch, I've left them as
they were on the grounds that the checks are taking place after
argument reduction, so the arguments will not be infinite at that
point (and besides, I think the checks are correct as written anyway).

I've reduced the regression tests down to checks of the cases where
the results should be exact, so they should now be
platform-independent. Many of the original tests were useful during
development to ensure that sane-looking answers were being returned,
but they didn't really add anything as regression tests, other than
extra complication due to platform variations.

Regards,
Dean

Attachment Content-Type Size
trigd.patch text/x-patch 31.5 KB