Re: Adding OLD/NEW support to RETURNING

From: Dean Rasheed <dean(dot)a(dot)rasheed(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: jian he <jian(dot)universality(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Adding OLD/NEW support to RETURNING
Date: 2024-03-26 18:49:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 at 14:04, Dean Rasheed <dean(dot)a(dot)rasheed(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> v7 patch attached, with those updates.

Rebased version attached, forced by 87985cc925.

The changes made in that commit didn't entirely make sense to me, but
the ExecDelete() change, copying data between slots, broke this patch,
because it wasn't setting the slot's tableoid. That copying seemed to
be unnecessary anyway, so I got rid of it, and it works fine. While at
it, I also removed the extra "oldslot" argument added to ExecDelete(),
which didn't seem necessary, and wasn't documented clearly. Those
changes could perhaps be extracted and applied separately.

Regards,
Dean

Attachment Content-Type Size
support-returning-old-new-v8.patch text/x-patch 214.9 KB