Re: Hang in pldebugger after git commit : 98a64d0

From: Ashutosh Sharma <ashu(dot)coek88(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Subject: Re: Hang in pldebugger after git commit : 98a64d0
Date: 2016-12-13 16:14:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi All,

I have been working on this issue for last few days and it seems like
i have almost found the reason for this failure. My findings till date
are as follows.

Just to confirm if the problem is happening due to reusability of
WaitEventSet structure, I had replaced a function call
ModifyWaitEvent() and WaitEventSetWait() which makes use of an already
existing WaitEventSet to store event handles with WaitLatchOrSocket()
and it worked. Actually WaitLatchOrSocket() creates a new WaitEventSet
structure every time it has to wait for an event and is also being
used in the old code. This clearly shows that we do have some problem
just because we are reusing the same set of object handles throughput
a backend session. I am further investigating on this and would post
the final analysis along with the fix very soon. Attached is the
patch that has the changes described
above. Any suggestions or inputs would be appreciated.

On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 9:34 PM, Ashutosh Sharma <ashu(dot)coek88(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi Micheal,
>

>> Ashutosh, could you try it and see if it improves things?
>> -
>
> Thanks for your patch. I would like to inform you that I didn't find any
> improvement with your patch.
>
> With Regards,
> Ashutosh Sharma

Attachment Content-Type Size
fix_wait_events.patch application/octet-stream 1.3 KB