Re: Page Scan Mode in Hash Index

From: Ashutosh Sharma <ashu(dot)coek88(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jesper Pedersen <jesper(dot)pedersen(at)redhat(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Page Scan Mode in Hash Index
Date: 2017-03-30 01:16:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I think you should consider refactoring this so that it doesn't need
>> to use goto. Maybe move the while (offnum <= maxoff) logic into a
>> helper function and have it return itemIndex. If itemIndex == 0, you
>> can call it again.
>>

> okay, Added a helper function for _hash_readpage(). Please check v4
> patch attached with this mail.
>

> This is not a full review, but I'm out of time for the moment.
>>

> No worries. I will be ready for your further review comments any time.
> Thanks for the review.

This patch needs a rebase.

Please try applying these patches on top of [1]. I think you should be able
to apply it cleanly. Sorry, I think I forgot to mention this point in my
earlier mail.

[1] -
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAE9k0P%3DV2LhtyeMXd295fhisp%3DNWUhRVJ9EZQCDowWiY9rSohQ%40mail.gmail.com