Re: Hang in pldebugger after git commit : 98a64d0

From: Ashutosh Sharma <ashu(dot)coek88(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Subject: Re: Hang in pldebugger after git commit : 98a64d0
Date: 2016-12-08 17:38:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Well, we are currently passing INFINITE timeout value to
WaitForMultipleObjects() API which is hanging. I thought of changing this
INIFINTE timeout interval to some finite value like say 1 sec and could not
reproduce the issue. But, having said that i checked the older code where
this issue does not exists and found here as well we are passing INFINTE
timeout value to WaitForMultipleObjects(). So not sure if this passing
INFINITE timeout is really an issue. Attached is a small patch that has my
changes.

On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 1:51 PM, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 07, 2016 at 03:16:09PM +0530, Ashutosh Sharma wrote:
> > Problem Analysis:
> > -------------------------
> > Allthough i am very new to Windows, i tried debugging the issue and
> > could find that Backend is not receiving the query executed after
> > "SELECT pldbg_attach_to_port(2)" and is infinitely waiting on
> > "WaitEventSetWaitBlock()" at WaitForMultipleObjects() to read the
> > input command. Below is the backtrace for the same.
>
> This code was indeed in need of review. It seems that you are giving
> enough information to reproduce the problem. I'll try to dig into
> it...
> --
> Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
Allow_WaitForMultipleObject_wait_for_finite_time.patch text/x-patch 502 bytes