Passing CopyMultiInsertInfo structure to CopyMultiInsertInfoNextFreeSlot()

From: Ashutosh Sharma <ashu(dot)coek88(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Haribabu Kommi <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com>, david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com
Subject: Passing CopyMultiInsertInfo structure to CopyMultiInsertInfoNextFreeSlot()
Date: 2019-05-13 11:20:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Andres, Hari, David,

In the latest PostgreSQL code, I could see that we are passing
CopyMultiInsertInfo structure to CopyMultiInsertInfoNextFreeSlot() although
it is not being used anywhere in that function. Could you please let me
know if it has been done intentionally or it is just an overlook that needs
to be corrected. AFAIU, CopyMultiInsertInfoNextFreeSlot() is just intended
to return the next free slot available in the multi insert buffer and we
already have that buffer stored in ResultRelInfo structure which is also
being passed to that function so not sure what could be the purpose of
passing CopyMultiInsertInfo structure as well. Please let me know if i am
missing something here. Thank you.

--
With Regards,
Ashutosh Sharma