Re: pg_rewind restore_command issue in PG12

From: Amine Tengilimoglu <aminetengilimoglu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_rewind restore_command issue in PG12
Date: 2021-01-04 13:12:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

When I read the pg_rewind PG12 doc. It says:

"... but if the target cluster ran for a long time after the divergence,
the old WAL files might no longer be present. In that case, they can be
manually copied from the WAL archive to the pg_wal directory,* or fetched
on startup by configuring **primary_conninfo
<https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/runtime-config-replication.html#GUC-PRIMARY-CONNINFO>
or restore_command
<https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/runtime-config-wal.html#GUC-RESTORE-COMMAND>*
.".

So I thought we could use restore_command. But when I try to use it , I
see it doesn't work either.

Thanks.

Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, 4 Oca 2021 Pzt, 15:42 tarihinde şunu